Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lavender, Lemon Verbena, and Mint Tea

Okay, so this isn't a recipe so much as a... well, let's just call it a response to popular demand. I've made this tea lots of times for lots of people over the last few months, and I got a lot of incredulous looks from people when I told them "where I found it".

So, this tea is made from organically grown herbs and flowers: lavender flowers (dried from what I grew last summer--ah, glorious, sweet scent of Provence), lemon verbena (dried, from my friends at Full Belly Farm), and fresh mint (sometimes "chocolate" mint, other times spearmint or peppermint, which I have growing always). You just crumble the dried herbs, and crush the mint a bit before putting it into a tea pot and steep with hot water.

I sometimes add a bit of local honey for some sweetness (I prefer honey from apple and blackberry blossoms from Pescadero--yum!).

Voila! Some of the best herbal tea ever, now with a "recipe" immortalized on and legitimized by the internets. Hah! ;)

1 comment:

Stela James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.